1. Hampshire firefighters rescued the couple in their 60s after the 7.5 tonne lorry cut off the staircase in their house.
An aerial ladder platform was used to rescue them from the first floor of the property.
2. Firefighters were called to Brockhurst Road, in Gosport, just before 6am.
Officer in charge, Paul Coates said: “Our crews were on scene quickly and worked hard to reassure and rescue the two people who were trapped on the first floor of the property.”
3. Resident Anne Wiles is quoted by the BBC as saying: “My husband jumped out of bed - went on to the landing and there was a big gaping hole and the front of a lorry.
“We were really, really shook up. My husband broke down because he was going to get up 10 minutes before it happened.”
The lorry driver was taken to hospital as a precaution and the couple were treated at the scene for shock.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service’s Urban Search and Rescue team are on the scene assessing structural damage to the property.
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.