1. A woman has discovered during a live radio segment that her husband is in fact her half-brother.
The pair, who have a 6-year-old daughter together, had both been searching for their mothers for years after being abandoned as children.
They both knew they had mothers with the same name but put it down to coincidence.
2. After an extensive search, the woman was finally able to speak to her mother on Brazilian Radio Globo’s The Time Is Now programme, a show that specialises in reuniting lost relatives.
In its report, the radio station changed the names, dates, and locations of those involved to protect the couple’s identity.
At the end of the segment, the mother, Maria, revealed to her daughter, Adriana, that she also had a son called Leandro with a different man than her father.
“I don’t believe that you’re telling me this,” the woman said. “Leandro is my husband.”
3. Regardless of the revelation, the pair, who were never legally married, have reportedly said they are going to stay together. The Mirror quotes Adriana as saying:
Only death is going to separate us. All this happened because God wanted it to happen.
At first we were really knocked by it all, but we had a family meeting and told everyone that we are going to stay husband and wife, whatever anyone might think.
We have so many plans together. Nothing is going to break us up. Nothing.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›