1. The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore thought it was on to a winner when it made this advert warning of the dangers of betting all your money on an unlikely result.
The charity was highlighting a genuine problem, but it couldn’t have picked a worse team for its fictional betting scenario, as was proved by the result last night.
2. “Who do you think is going to win the World Cup?”
“My dad said Brazil win.”
“No, no. Argentina is going to win because Messi is going to dribble past everyone.”
6. Awkwardly, it looks like Andy’s dad could be in some serious money soon after Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in the semi-finals.
Andy and his family should really be smiling now after Germany won the entire tournament, beating Argentina 1-0 in extra time in the final on Sunday.
10. But The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore tweaked its advert after Mario Götze’s dramatic winner.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."