1. The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore thought it was on to a winner when it made this advert warning of the dangers of betting all your money on an unlikely result.
The charity was highlighting a genuine problem, but it couldn’t have picked a worse team for its fictional betting scenario, as was proved by the result last night.
2. “Who do you think is going to win the World Cup?”
“My dad said Brazil win.”
“No, no. Argentina is going to win because Messi is going to dribble past everyone.”
4. “I hope Germany will win… My dad bet all my savings on them.”
6. Awkwardly, it looks like Andy’s dad could be in some serious money soon after Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in the semi-finals.
Andy and his family should really be smiling now after Germany won the entire tournament, beating Argentina 1-0 in extra time in the final on Sunday.
10. But The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore tweaked its advert after Mario Götze’s dramatic winner.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›