1. The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore thought it was on to a winner when it made this advert warning of the dangers of betting all your money on an unlikely result.
The charity was highlighting a genuine problem, but it couldn’t have picked a worse team for its fictional betting scenario, as was proved by the result last night.
2. “Who do you think is going to win the World Cup?”
“My dad said Brazil win.”
“No, no. Argentina is going to win because Messi is going to dribble past everyone.”
6. Awkwardly, it looks like Andy’s dad could be in some serious money soon after Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in the semi-finals.
Andy and his family should really be smiling now after Germany won the entire tournament, beating Argentina 1-0 in extra time in the final on Sunday.
10. But The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore tweaked its advert after Mario Götze’s dramatic winner.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›