1. Hundreds of children across the UK have dressed up as what they want to be when they grow up as part of annual fundraiser.
“I want to be a fireman.”
2. Save the Children’s third “I Want To Be…” campaign aims to raise money to save children’s lives around the world and help them grow up to fulfill their potential.
“I want to be an explorer.”
3. Children in nurseries and primary schools took part in the fundraiser, which finished on May 2.
“I want to be a nurse.”
4. Four-year-old Felicity said she wanted to be a deep sea diver.
5. Amelie apparently wants to be an artist.
6. And three-year-old Tom wants to be a tennis player.
7. This young child wants to be a DJ.
8. The fundraising events allowed the children to learn about different jobs and raise vital funds.
“I want to be a construction builder.”
9. Last year the campaign raised £45,000, a total Save the Children is hoping to beat in 2014.
“I want to be a photographer.”
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›