1. Twitter has been amusing itself with the worst imaginary prequels to well-known films.
2. #BadPrequels has been one of the top trending terms around the world, with some fine efforts.
4. The odd Shakespeare reference.
5. There were some nice festive references as well.
7. Ikea got mentioned more times than you would have expected.
9. Some efforts were a little too obvious though.
12. And it became apparent there was one clear winner in the “Bad Prequels” game – @BiscuitAhoy.
13. Lisa created wonderful posters for the imaginary prequels.
#Badprequels first began trending on Tuesday evening when it was used on Comedy Central’s @midnight game show.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??
- An English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 0-1 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️