1. Basehunters, a storm-chasing team from Oklahoma, captured this astonishing footage of a supercell thunderstorm forming over north-east Wyoming on Sunday.
2. The time-lapse footage has been watched over 2.5 million times after it was uploaded to the group’s Facebook page.
3. Supercell thunderstorms involve continually rotating updrafts and can spawn torrential rainfall, hail storms and sometimes tornadoes.
4. This example was caught by the storm chasers as they travelled from Wright to Newcastle in Wyoming.
5. The group shared an image of the supercell on Twitter as well.
Richard James is the UK news editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today