1. On Wednesday, Prince Andrew took a selfie and posted the image on Twitter.
2. The royal took the picture at the final of the Pitch @ Palace competition, which was set up to help students interested in launching their own start-up firms.
3. The Duke allowed mobile phones to be used in the state room at St James’s Palace for the finals of the competition.
4. Prince Andrew was quoted by ITV before he took the selfie as saying:
This is a unique day at the Palace because we are encouraging you to use your phones and electronic gadgetry.
As a result of that I’ve decided there’s a bit of a thing going around about selfies.
5. The internet’s reaction has been pretty predictable:
12. Prince Charles you’re up next.
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›