1. A woman and her daughter in Chula Vista, San Diego, had to call 911 after they were forced to barricade themselves in a bedroom to escape their pet cat.
2. The daughter apparently went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the feline, called Cuppy, cornered her for hours, KGTV reported.
When she tried to move the cat would attack her, and it ended up shredding her nightgown.
3. Neighbour Karen Yarger told the news station Cuppy was a “ball of fury”.
4. Chula Vista police said officers had been in the area and due to a lack of high-priority calls were able to help the women escape from the cat.
The news report claimed Cuppy had been with the family for 14 years but was sometimes a little “unpredictable”, especially when stray cats were in the area.
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›