1. Pilot Shannon Trembley was performing take-off and landing manoeuvres at the South Lakeland Airport in Florida when the accident occurred.
2. Photographs of the incident show Trembley’s Cessna plane colliding with skydiver John Frost, 47.
3. The incident caused both to crash to the ground.
4. The pair miraculously escaped with minor injuries.
5. Photographer Tim Telford, who captured the mid-air collision, said: ‘I thought I’d have very exciting pics of a close flyby. Never in a million years did I think I’d see what I saw.
6. ‘The plane caught the side of the canopy, flipped the plane 180 degrees and flipped the skydiver into the air.
‘You heard the airplane hit the parachute, which sounded like you falling on your face into your pillow; a “woof” sound.’
Trembley was held in hospital for observation following the crash, while Frost was treated and then released.