1. French photographer Benoit Lapray has created a stunning series of shots showing superheroes looking vulnerable and lonely.
2. The images show well-known comic book characters alone in stunning sceneries.
3. The pictures seem to show the superheroes contemplating their lives or maybe enjoying a quiet escape from saving the world.
4. Lapray is quoted as saying: “Perhaps they are quite simply on a quest to find themselves?”
5. The project, entitled “The Quest for Absolute”, took the French photographer four years to complete.
6. To create the shots, Lapray shot people dressed up as superheroes on location or in a studio.
7. For some he also photoshopped in figurines.
8. Or took images from Hollywood films.
9. Superman is the most photographed superhero in the series.
With the Man of Steel’s isolated existence highlighted against the dramatic landscapes.
10. The full set of images is available to view on Lapray’s Facebook page.
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.