1. This is 37-year-old Claudio Vieira de Oliveira.
The Brazilian is thought to suffer from congenital arthrogryposis, a condition which causes curved joints, resulting in his head being permanently twisted back over his neck.
2. According to Barcroft Media, doctors told his mother to stop feeding him when he was a child, as it was thought he had no chance of survival.
But de Oliveira has overcome immense odds to become a public speaker and graduate as an accountant from the State University of Feira de Santana.
3. “Since I was a child, I’ve always liked to keep myself busy and work – I don’t like to depend totally on other people,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
“I do a bit of accounting, research for clients and consulting.
“I have learned to turn on the TV, pick up my cellphone, turn on the radio, use the internet, my computer – I do it all by myself.”
4. De Oliveira does not see himself as being different, saying: “I am a normal person.”
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›