1. Students have had their attempts to raise money for charity by posing in a naked calendar scuppered after Facebook branded the images as pornography and removed them from the site.
2. Members of the University of Warwick Rowing Society shed their clothes to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
3. They managed to sell 1,500 copies of the 2014 calendar and raised over £3,000 for the charity.
4. However, when the rowers tried to promote the calendar on social media, they discovered Facebook would not allow the shots to be hosted on the popular site.
They were apparently told the nude pictures breached the site’s “nudity and pornography” policy.
5. Sophie Bell (right), who organised the calendar, said: “It is awful for us because we had over 2,000 likes, which provided us with a large platform for reaching out to our target market.”
“We are students so we don’t have a marketing budget so we do use social media as the main way of marketing it.
“To have this page unfairly taken away is going to affect our sales for the 2015 calendar and decrease the amount we can make for charity.”