1. Actress Emma Watson has posted a picture on Twitter of herself in hysterics as part of a campaign against comments made by Turkish politician Bülent Arınç.
2. Women have been uploading pictures of themselves laughing after the deputy prime minister said women should not be seen laughing in public because it contributed to worsening “moral corruption” in the country.
3. According to the Guardian, Arınç said in a speech on Monday:
A man should be moral but women should be moral as well, they should know what is decent and what is not decent.
She should not laugh loudly in front of all the world and should preserve her decency at all times.
4. The response has been rather wonderful.
11. Last month it was announced Watson had been appointed a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations.
12. Her appointment was so popular it crashed the UN’s website.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›