1. Actress Emma Watson has posted a picture on Twitter of herself in hysterics as part of a campaign against comments made by Turkish politician Bülent Arınç.
2. Women have been uploading pictures of themselves laughing after the deputy prime minister said women should not be seen laughing in public because it contributed to worsening “moral corruption” in the country.
3. According to the Guardian, Arınç said in a speech on Monday:
A man should be moral but women should be moral as well, they should know what is decent and what is not decent.
She should not laugh loudly in front of all the world and should preserve her decency at all times.
4. The response has been rather wonderful.
11. Last month it was announced Watson had been appointed a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations.
12. Her appointment was so popular it crashed the UN’s website.
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›