1. Ozzy Osbourne is one of the most notorious wild men of rock ‘n’ roll.
Among his famous escapades is his claim he once bit the head off a live bat while performing with his band Black Sabbath in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1982.
2. The singer claims he thought the bat was a fake rubber version, hence why he decided to pick it up and bite its head off.
After the notorious incident, Osbourne was taken to hospital to be checked for rabies.
3. And now karma appears to have finally caught up with the 65-year-old from Birmingham.
Ozzy has applied to convert a barn on his estate in Buckinghamshire into a two-bedroom home.
However Chiltern District Council has refused the planning permission due to the number of bats and owls living in the barn.
4. A council spokeswoman is quoted by the BBC as saying:
Mr Osbourne cannot convert his listed building until satisfactory surveys and related mitigation, allowing the bats and owls to remain living on the site, is submitted.
We must be satisfied measures have been put in place to protect the animals before planning permission can be considered.
5. The council said initial surveys found droppings and feeding remains of what may have been brown long-eared bats.
A spokesperson for the 65-year-old said the council’s rejection of his planning application was a “private matter”.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›