Luke James knows a thing or two about the ups and downs of relationships.
The New Orleans-raised, New York-based R&B singer rose to fame after opening for Beyoncé in 2012. His love-struck ballad “I Want You” has over 2.5 million views on YouTube.
His latest single, “Options” ft. Rick Ross, tells the story of a couple at a crossroads.
We asked James to play love doctor and spill his best tips for making up. If you need to get back in your significant other’s good graces, you’ve come to the right place.
The doctor is in.
1. Forget technology. Show up and make a thorough apology in person.
“Look her in her eyes,” James suggested. “Definitely don’t text.”
2. Be a good listener.
“Be sure you understand what’s really bothering them,” James said. “It may be something that’s not a big deal to you, but to them it is.”
3. Take action.
“You can say a lot of things, you can tell them anything,” James said. “But what you show them is the ultimate truth. That’s what’s gonna right all the wrongs.”
5. Get cooking.
“Make breakfast, especially if you don’t like waking up in the morning,” James said. “Even if you burn it, they’ll love to see the effort.”
6. Put on their favorite movie and stay in.
“Frozen, The Breakfast Club, The Notebook, whatever she loves,” James said. “It’s not about you.”
7. Be generous with your time.
“Make an effort to just be with them,” James said. “Give them a day that’s all theirs and create new memories.”
8. Be honest.
“Be honest with them and yourself,” James said. “If you’re up front about what happened and it keeps happening, maybe that means you need to take time apart.”
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›