Voted! Here is my selfie
India’s newly elected Prime Minister won in a landslide election last week, following one of the most social media savvy campaigns of all time.
Modi wooed voters with holographic speeches, hashtag campaigns, and a selfie mosaic of his supporters.
Since his election on Friday, Modi apparently spent the weekend chit-chatting with major world leaders, and then recapping his conversations on Twitter. Here’s a round-up of leaders Modi has spoken with so far:
1. Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada.
2. The President, Prime Minister, and former Prime Minister of Nepal.
3. President Vladmir Putin of Russia.
4. Prime Minister Shinzō Abe of Japan.
5. President Jacob Zuma of South Africa.
6. President François Hollande of France.
7. Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany.
8. Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy Brey of Spain.
9. United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
10. Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama of Fiji.
11. Prime Minister John Key of New Zealand.
12. United States Secretary of State John Kerry.
13. And, following being granted a visa to enter the United States after he was initially denied one, Modi even exchanged pleasantries with President Barack Obama.
According to Twitter India, these elections were record-breaking for the platform, largely thanks to Modi. His post-victory announcement is now the most retweeted tweet from India:
Translation: India has won. Good days are on the way.