1. When packing, remember you can get away with wearing most anything in Vegas.
2. Fremont Street Experience’s pulsating light and music shows are free.
3. Drink for a buck at the Wynn
Vegas offers drinks for free … and Steve Wynn knows how to lure the gamblers in. The Wynn offers drinks that will save you at least $100 if you were to drink at the club.
4. Be sure to check out this happy hour list before you go.
It can be found here and will save you loads of money.
5. Room upgrades.
Want to score a better hotel room than the one you paid for? Try the $20 trick. Simply slip the hotel receptionist $20 when handing over your credit card and ask if any upgrades are available.
6. To get into a club without waiting, arrive early, or consider using a service that allows you to skip the velvet rope.
If you love to people-watch, there are plenty of wonderful spots to go in Las Vegas. When you’re at The Forum Shops at Caesars, request patio dining at Spago or The Cheesecake Factory.
8. If you want to see a show, stop by the Tix4Tonight booth to get major discounts.
9. Canvassers and costumed characters
You know those guys who stand on Las Vegas Boulevard snapping cards and trying to hand out fliers for strip clubs and personal entertainers? They’re canvassers. Canvassers have won the legal right to pass out information. Most people complain that the fliers and cards cause litter and are obscene or that canvassers get in the way of pedestrians, but if you just keep walking, they aren’t aggressive at all.
10. Save money and time by riding Deuce buses downtown and along the Strip.
11. Decide between a five-star resort experience on the Strip, or if you’re looking to save money stay downtown.
12. Always Carry a Map in Las Vegas
Starting out in the tenth position on my list of top ten money-saving tips for Las Vegas is a conglomeration of two articles. Most people do not realize that many Las Vegas cab drivers are out to make as much money off of you as possible. By carrying a map, you can show the Las Vegas cab drivers where you want to go, and that you can follow their path to make sure that they do not take you on a wild goose chase.
13. You Can Get Comps Without Gambling
Simply ask. There’s no harm in doing it and you’ll often get a little something.
14. Bet the Pass Line
If you want to gamble but don’t know anything about gambling, play craps. More specifically, play craps and bet the PASS LINE.