1. KSN Wichita anchor Justin Kraemer was a little too excited to get off work this past weekend when he let an F-bomb fly after introducing Saturday Night Live.
3. UPDATE Dec. 17, 6:12 E.T.: Kraemer has reportedly been fired.
“I’m embarrassed,” he said, adding that he was not surprised. “I did something extraordinarily unprofessional. It’s something that’s drilled into you from the minute you start in this business to always consider the microphones hot.”
But it looks like he will be fine. Kraemer was reportedly recently hired by Colorado Springs NBC affilate KOAA, and his time at KSN was coming to an end, according to Gawker.
4. UPDATE Dec. 19, 11:57 a.m. E.T.: Kramer will not be going to KOAA.
“Despite reports, Justin Kraemer will not be working at KOAA,” the general manager said in an email to BuzzFeed.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.