1. Yes, William Howard Taft went in for roasted Georgia possums.
Each with a potato in its mouth!
2. George W. Bush ate “morelia-style gazpacho.”
Which, it turns out, is not tomato soup but a chopped tropical fruit salad?
3. FDR was all about oyster stew.
4. Ronald Reagan always had persimmon pudding.
You can make it too! Here’s Nancy Reagan’s (housekeeper’s) recipe.
5. Grover Cleveland loved him some parsnip fritters.
Those sound great, actually. The Washington Post has a recipe.
6. Bill Clinton insisted on cherry Coke salad.
It’s a Southern thing? Try this recipe from Taste of Home.
7. Harry Truman (on a diet) ate clear soup and celery.
The saddest Thanksgiving in the world. :(
8. Barack Obama serves six different pies, including huckleberry.
OK, that’s not weird, it’s just really impressive. The full Pie Lineup is apple, huckleberry, sweet potato, cherry, banana cream, and pumpkin. Get the official White House huckleberry recipe here.