5. Sweet Potato & Ginger Salad
Serving a salad with a zippy vinaigrette is actually a really smart Thanksgiving move; it’ll add some brightness and you can make it ahead and serve cold or at room temp. Get the recipe.
7. Sweet Potato Latkes with Brown Sugar Syrup
10. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sprinkled with crumbled feta and chopped pecans, because you’re classy like that. Get the recipe.
13. Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Marshmallows
14. Garlic Sweet Potato Mash
Yes, sweet potatoes do get tired of hanging out with brown sugar and marshmallows all the time, and garlic is like their edgy (goth?) friend. Get the recipe.
16. Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes like a drink just as much as you do. Get the recipe.
18. Baked Sweet Potatoes with Maple Sour Cream
Sweetening up the sour cream is kind of brilliant. Get the recipe.
19. Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Speck & Chimichurri
21. Brown Butter-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Arugula & Bacon
22. Sweet Potatoes with Coconut, Pomegranate, and Lime
This is the kind of thing you make for Thanksgiving so that you can pour a liter of gravy straight down your throat but still feel generally okay. Get the recipe.
26. Sweet Potato, Chipotle, Chard & Cornbread Stuffing
30. Sweet Potato Casserole
The classic for a reason. Get the recipe.
31. Sweet Potato Bourbon Noodle Kugel
Smart cooks take cues from Jews. Get the recipe.
36. Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies
With marshmallow creme middles. Get the recipe.
38. Sweet Potato, Blackstrap & Whiskey Ice Cream with Torched Marshmallows
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈