1. First step: Find a fun tray to put everything on.
Here’s where to get these:
1) Tiffany large oak breakfast tray, Habitat, $53
2) Reclaimed wood ottoman tray, Etsy, $42
3) Scandinavian print tea and breakfast tray, Etsy, $36
4) Printed wooden breakfast trays, Etsy, $34
5) Repurposed yellow chalkboard tray, Etsy, $36
6) Blue wooden chalkboard tray, Etsy, $39
7) Breakfast tray, Pottery Barn, $129
8) Fiona teak tray, DWR, $145
2. You can DIY a cute one by lining an old suitcase lid with wallpaper scraps.
5. No mom could resist her very own Dutch baby pancake.
Get the recipe for these raspberry babies here
6. Or an individually baked egg.
Excellent for transporting upstairs. Get the recipe here.
7. Soft-boiled is also a good egg option because you can put it in an adorable egg cup.
Here’s how to do it.
8. Egg cups are a deeply under-appreciated genre of dish. Will you just LOOK at this tiny bird on a branch!
Buy it here.
9. A yogurt parfait with granola is Very Nice.
Go ahead, make your own granola!
10. Bonus points for using twee little jars.
These are baby Weck jars.
11. Not feeling the whole “fits-in-a-cup” thing? Just stack some deliciousness on a pretty plate.
12. Or skip straight to the good stuff: dessert.
Oh gosh, hello, you tiny little berry tart!
13. A croissant with jam and tea will make her just as happy as an elaborate meal.
14. BREAKING NEWS: You’re The Best, Mom
Get the recipe for these almond croissants here.
15. And honestly, even if you skip the whole tray deal and just bring her a doughnut, she’s still going to be pretty thrilled.
Because it’s a DOUGHNUT. In BED.
16. Serve juice in a little bottle with a lid to prevent any spillage in transit.
Weck juice jar set, Terrain, $24
17. Mix a non-alcoholic spritzer if mom’s not into booze before noon.
Get the recipe for this rosemary-lemon number here.
18. Or forget temperance and get down to business.
With a rhubarb mojito, no less.
19. Make coffee in an individual-size pot so she can refill at will.
And so you don’t have to keep carrying cups of hot coffee up and down the stairs.
20. Serve tea in a pretty teacup that doubles as a Mother’s Day gift.
Clockwise from top left:
21. Ditto for the teapot.
Clockwise from top left:
22. DIY a mug with an original mom-relevant illustration.
23. Give tea and feelings at the same time with this origami teabag card.
Get it on Etsy.
25. Preferably in a pretty vase that she can keep.
These are by The Awesome Project.
26. Flowers made out of paper are great because they last forever.
Get these on Etsy.
27. Flowers made out of food are great because they DON’T last forever.
Get the instructions for this cute breakfast here.
28. Balloons are great, IF you’re a ninja who can somehow arrange balloons all over a bed without waking up the person in it?
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›