And they’re delicious.
This is a pretty perfect go-to recipe that’s easy to throw together when an irresistible desire for waffles strikes you.
Let’s be honest with ourselves. Isn’t a plain old waffle with syrup, no matter how insanely great, a little, oh, tired? A little played out?
Wouldn’t you like your waffles to aspire to the NEXT LEVEL of achievement in waffle innovation? Well, look no further. The waffles of the future are HERE, NOW.
You can eat them for breakfast or brunch:
2. Peanut Butter and Banana Waffles
The magic of PB&B is obviously transferable to waffles. Recipe here.
3. Bacon Waffles
Bacon next to waffles: GOOD. Bacon inside waffles: GREAT. Recipe here.
4. Cornmeal Lemon Ricotta Waffles with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Hello, spring! Have a waffle! Recipe here.
6. Toasted Coconut Waffles with Maple Cream (Gluten-Free)
Coconut flour! Who knew? Recipe here.
8. Champagne Waffles with Chocolate Butter and Blood Orange Syrup
You could use “leftover” champagne to make these, but a much better idea is to open a new bottle and have yourself a mimosa. Recipe here.
9. Chicken and Biscuit Waffles
Everything good in the world lives in this waffle. Recipe here.
10. Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese “Syrup”
This is witchery: Instead of baking a can of store-bought cinnamon rolls in the oven, get those little treasures up in your waffle maker. Instructions here.
For dinner or lunch:
11. Waffle BLTs
Why would you ever use bread to make a BLT when you could be using waffles? With a fried egg, no less. Recipe here.
13. Cornmeal Waffles with Apples and Prosciutto (Gluten-Free)
A very civilized lunch. Recipe here.
14. Chili Cheese Cornbread Waffles
Reaching new heights in breakfast-for-dinner achievement. Recipe here.
15. Herb Waffles with Sausage, Peppers, and Fried Egg
16. Chana Masala Waffles with Samosa Potatoes
These dinner waffles spent a few months backpacking through India to find themselves. Recipe here.
But ESPECIALLY for dessert:
18. Carrot Cake Waffles with Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese Spread (Vegan)
If you’re down with dairy products, feel free to use regular yogurt and cream cheese. Recipe here.
20. Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Waffles
Well, there’s this. Recipe here.
21. Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Syrup
Anyone who eats heart-shaped, cake-related waffles exclusively on Valentine’s Day is really missing out the other 364 days of the year. Recipe here.
23. Lemon Meringue Pie Stuffed Waffles
WHAT THE WHAT? This recipe includes instructions for DIY marshmallow fluff, but you could also use the stuff that comes in a jar.