1. Make a sandwich (ASAP).
It must include turkey and cranberry sauce to qualify; other components such as stuffing or mashed potatoes are optional but highly encouraged.
This brilliant double-decker specimen from Spoon Fork Bacon uses a slice of bread soaked in gravy (I repeat: SOAKED IN GRAVY) as a middle layer. That sounds like a really good idea.
2. Mix a cranberry sauce cocktail to go with it.
You can find this drink (The Scarlet Letter) and two more BuzzFeed original recipes over here.
3. Okay, now make another sandwich.
Never too many. This one’s from CHOW. There’s even a smashed dinner roll in the middle!
4. A few cranberry orange muffins make a great Leftover Friday (or Still Eating Leftovers Saturday) breakfast.
Otherwise, you know that bag of cranberries is just going to sit in the fridge until it starts spawning tiny organisms. Get the recipe at Branny Boils Over.
5. So does this spicy hash made with turkey, potato, and Brussels sprouts.
7. Next, start a big pot of soup to have for lunch.
You can make stock out of your turkey carcass to use in this recipe for Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup from A Farm Girl Dabbles, or regular old chicken broth will work just fine.
8. You’d better grill a few sandwiches to go with it, obviously.
9. And/or bake these leftover-sweet potato biscuits.
10. Turkey pot pie could also be a really good move.
11. Or you could have this turkey club salad if you’re feeling a little guilty.
Don’t worry, it has plenty of bacon in it. Get the recipe at Framed Cooks.
12. Don’t forget to continue making and eating sandwiches throughout the day.
13. Experimental sandwiches are encouraged, like banh mi.
14. Or pulled turkey with cranberry BBQ sauce.
15. When you’re finally nearing sandwich saturation point, this turkey & mushroom risotto makes a lovely dinner.
16. Turkey shepherd’s pie could be nice, too.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.