1. You can grow a clementine tree indoors.
According to one pinner: “This really works - I have one and they are the best clementines I’ve ever tasted!”
2. You can use fire glass instead of wood for your backyard fire pit.
3. Make incredibly realistic roses out of chocolate candy clay.
“This really works but be sure to let the mixture sit overnight before you try it.”
4. Lemons make great emergency candles.
One pinner says: “This really works with any citrus fruit because the citric acid is flamible[sic].”
5. Making a brownie in a mug actually tastes delicious.
A pinner says: “This really works and it tastes delicious!”
6. You can use super glue to close up small flesh wounds.
Pinner says: “Dang! this really works (if you can call up the coordination to not glue things together you don’t want glued)!”
7. Behold: the world’s best and cheapest slip and slide is made from plastic sheeting and baby soap.
A pinner says: “THIS REALLY WORKS AND TOTALLY INEXPENSIVE! world’s best slip and slide.”
8. Run past one of these digital speed readers and it really tells you how fast you’re going.
Pinner says: “This really works to get your speed!! :) ♥ running”
9. This special fan for under the sheets really works to cool a bed.
“This really works.”
10. Orajel will stop mosquito bites from itching immediately.
A pinner says: “This is a sure fix for mosquito bites. Every time you get bitten by a mosquito, use Orajel or any toothache gel medicine and it works! It stops the itching instantly and will not itch again. It isn’t greasy, sticky, or smelly. It’s convenient to put right in your pocket.”
Still skeptical? Pinner says: “This really works i just tried it.” Basically all your troubles are now solved.
12. Apparently, this stuff gets rid of acne and fever blisters.
A pinner says: “This really works for acne!!! And fever blisters!”
13. Use newspaper beneath mulch to keep the weeds out in your garden.
Valencia Powers says: “This really works � no weeds for two years!!” If that isn’t convincing, I don’t know what is.
14. Make a reusable dryer sheet with a hand towel.
Pinner says: “THIS REALLY WORKS AND LAUNDRY IS SUPER SOFT!!! Soak a hand towel in fabric softener. Squeeze out any remaining drops from the towel. Hang it over a chair (or outside on a clothes line) to dry. My house smelled super clean for the three days while this towel was drying completely. Yes, it took three days! You must make sure it dries completely! After the towel dries you just throw it in your dryer along with clothes and use it as a dryer sheet for 40-50 loads before soaking again.”
15. Whitening toothpaste will remove nail polish stains.
A pinner says: “WOWZA! NO MORE STAINZ!! :3”
16. Unshrink a sweater with baby shampoo.
17. Yes, you can turn a flannel shirt into a sexy strapless dress.
A pinner says: “This actually works and looks so cute on!”
18. Put baby powder in between coats of mascara and you’ll notice a huge difference in volume.
Pinner Karla Amaya says: “This actually works.”
19. Put fidgety kids on an exercise ball and they’ll concentrate better.
A pinner says: “This really does work — It does wonders!” Could this be the Adderall substitute you’ve been looking for??
20. You can clean dirty water with a stone and sunlight.
It will also de-salt water. A pinner says: “I have done this and it really does work!”
21. Use deodorant on your razor burn.
Pinner says: “STRIPPERS DO THIS. ;) so this actually works pretty well (though I have no idea about the strippers part)”
22. Baking soda and apple cider vinegar will get all the build-up out of your hair.
A pinner says: “it gets all products out of your hair with one wash and rinse. cheap and easy :-)”
23. This mango pitter looks magical, but is it?
Cassandra Saez says: “This really works great!” OK, sold.
24. It’s complicated, but you can make your own gin.
Resident pinner Andrew Robertson says: “Yes this really works.”
25. Rid your pet of skunk spray smell with baking soda, liquid dish washing soap, and hydrogen peroxide.
A pinner says: “It really works well and no oder left either!!![sic]”
26. Use toothpaste to take the scratches out of DVDs and CDs.
One pinner says: “this actually works its amazing.” Another pinner says: “This will also take out scratches on watch crystal.” Yet another pinner says: “This worked for me! Yay.” THIS EFFING WORKS, PEOPLE.
27. Suave Clarifying Shampoo works as an inexpensive soap scum remover for your tub.
A pinner says: “This works wonders on soap scum on any surface & its non toxic. I havent used traditonal cleaner on my tub, shower or faucets in over 20 years its great. Use it with a scrubbie and you only need a drop.”
28. You can make this cool layered drink by stacking the sugar content.
A pinner says: “This works well for red, white, and blue but you can really do this with any color combination. The other secret to success with layered drinks is plenty of ice. After you add your bottom layer fill the glass to the top with ice and pour the second layer slowly and directly on top of an ice cube.”