2. Use table numbers that have a particular significance to your relationship.
“For our wedding table numbers, we decided to pick numbers that are significant to us. so we did the day we met (5), the day we tied the knot (7), each of our lucky numbers (4 & 14), our combined height in inches (132), how many miles from our house to the beach (15), and a few others.”
[source: Tulips and Flight Suits]
17. Hang up a “ring for a kiss” bell.
Whenever someone rings the bell, the couple has to kiss.
18. As part of your ceremony, seal love notes and a bottle of wine into a box to enjoy on your 10th anniversary.
Or alternately, you could open the box when you have a fight, where the plan is to take a drink and go to separate rooms to read the letters. The letters are to be rewritten every five years on your anniversary.
22. Have a ring warming ceremony to take the ring exchange one step further.
Early in the ceremony, the rings are tied together and passed around to the guests who imbue the rings with a silent prayer or blessing for the couple when the rings reach them. By the time the bride and groom exchange the rings, they are filled with the warmth and love of their family and friends.
24. Have a dance just for the married couples.
“Invite all of the married couples onto the dance floor. The DJ announces years of marriage in five-year increments and the couples sit down when they hear theirs called. At the end of the song, the couple that has been married the longest remains and provides words of wisdom for a long, happy marriage.”
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰