1. Use a dish rack to stay organized.
The utensil holder serves as a pencil or marker holder.
3. Hang magazines onto a curtain rod with shower curtain rings.
4. Use the screw containers from hardware stores to organize small toys and crayons.
5. Keep game pieces organized in plastic bins if the cardboard boxes are starting to fall apart.
6. A “bucket jockey” found in your local hardware store serves as a portable writing or coloring center.
8. Stay on top of the paper trail with labeled binder clips.
9. Keep crayons organized by placing colored construction paper in the bottom of the bins.
11. Chalkboard paint your filing cabinets and you can re-label them throughout the year.
13. Take a photo of what a bin should look like. Kids can’t be dismissed until the bins look like they do in the photograph.
14. These Home Depot aprons are only 77 cents and make for great desk organizers when tied around a chair.
15. Keep sharped and non-sharpened pencils in separate jars.
16. Hot glue tacks onto clothespins for an easy way to interchange artwork or anchor charts on a bulletin board.
17. This clothespin system will help you keep track of who has turned in their homework.
Students flip their clothespin to the smiley face side when they turn things in.
18. A metal tray and magnets serve as a “Where Are We?” chart.
19. Conquer that pile of papers on your desk with a plastic bin, divided into three categories.
20. Keep workspaces clutter-free by keeping organizers on top of bins in between desks.
21. Use a Lowe’s toolbox to keep supplies in order on your desk.
23. Zip-tie crates together to make an easy storage system.
24. Use hangable rainbow file folders so students can turn in their work according to subject matter.
When it’s time to grade papers, all you have to do is carry the whole folder home. Rainbow folder system available for $14.99 from The Container Store.
26. Use an old CD binder to store die-cut letters.
27. Keep your flash cards in soap holders.
Use colored permanent marker to mark the case and the cards — that way they don’t mixed up accidentally.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.