1. Step 1: Denial
Who cares about Comic-Con, anyway? Not you. Never. Comic-Con sucks.
2. Why out of all of time and space would you want to be THERE?
You don’t. You’ve got better places to be. Like, uh… wait for it… uhm.
These aren’t “crazy eyes”, they just always look like that.
11. You don’t even watch these shows.
Doesn’t everyone know you only enjoy reality TV these days?
16. And the costumes are all terrible.
Like who is he even supposed to be, am I right?
19. Step 2: Anger
THIS ISN’T FAIR AND YOU HATE EVERYONE. YOU SHOULD BE AT COMIC-CON, NOT THEM. YOU DID NOTHING TO DESERVE THIS PUNISHMENT.
AND NO, YOU WILL NOT STOP USING CAPS LOCK, DAMN IT.
22. And now when you see people posting about all the fun they’re having at Comic-Con, you’re like…
24. And then when you found out they got into the X-Files 20th anniversary panel?!
26. Your non-nerd friends are all like…
You should probably put the heavy costume sword down, bro.
28. Because they just don’t get it.
Whatever. The internet understands your pain at least.
29. Step 3: Bargaining
It’s not too late. Sure, Comic-Con already started and you live all the way across the country, but you’re clever. You can find a way.
31. You’ll just sell your car and all of your stuff…
It’s only logical.
33. And dedicate the rest of your life to religion if this works out.
I mean, how hard can it be!?
34. Which it won’t.
Because let’s face it, you’re way too lazy for all that.
35. Step 4: Depression
Just… ugh. Remember how you’re still not at Comic-Con?
37. Watching camera phone versions of the panels online just isn’t the same.
39. Where they’re probably, like, meeting Stan Lee himself or something.
42. Step 5: Acceptance
You can really only feel sorry for yourself for so long. Polish off the self loathing with some ice cream and a marathon of Battlestar Galactica and then pick yourself up off the floor, because…
43. You’re not the only one who feels like they’re missing out.
Aww, internet hugs.