1. Last week this picture of a sign hung outside the Cheltenham branch of the Brasserie Blanc restaurant chain went around the world.
2. The restaurant’s manager, Emma O’Connor, said that she wrote the sign after welcoming in an exhausted mum during the hot weather and offering her a cuppa. She says:
I made her a cup of tea and she looked like I’d given her a million pounds.
I’d have done it ages ago if I’d known it would make people feel more confident.
Sometimes you just need to sit down with your baby. Not everyone is as confident, and it’s not as easy for everyone. You can’t just sit on a park bench sometimes.
We’ve had an unbelievable response. We’ve got emails from all over the place.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›