1. Last week this picture of a sign hung outside the Cheltenham branch of the Brasserie Blanc restaurant chain went around the world.
2. The restaurant’s manager, Emma O’Connor, said that she wrote the sign after welcoming in an exhausted mum during the hot weather and offering her a cuppa. She says:
I made her a cup of tea and she looked like I’d given her a million pounds.
I’d have done it ages ago if I’d known it would make people feel more confident.
Sometimes you just need to sit down with your baby. Not everyone is as confident, and it’s not as easy for everyone. You can’t just sit on a park bench sometimes.
We’ve had an unbelievable response. We’ve got emails from all over the place.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›