Well this BBQ was a disaster
1. When everyone’s trying to have barbeques at the same time and inevitably getting them horribly wrong.
2. Like when these guys dropped their meat.
3. And these people ran out of Pimm’s.
4. When buses inexplicably turn their heating on at exactly the hottest part of the year.
5. When people insist on playing infuriating bongos in the park.
6. And our largest nation’s football team’s most memorable contribution to a World Cup is when their physio gets injured celebrating a goal.
7. Even at the height of the hottest summer in years, going to festivals involves a lot of mud.
8. Because in the UK, there’s always plenty of room for storms and showers.
10. Because when it rains in the summertime, it rains.
11. Storms caused flash-flooding this year and submerged a tube station.
12. But at least a new sport, backyard swimming, was invented.
13. As everyone knows, when it gets hot in Britain, it gets unbearably hot. And everyone complains.
As a country we don’t do air conditioning, except in supermarkets.