1. The unexpected can always happen in Sheffield.
2. Texting is a serious business on the Isle of Man.
3. Yes, this actually happened in Barnstaple, Devon.
The culprit admitted: “I did start using drugs and drinking. I have seen the error of my ways with that.”
4. The fun never stops in Newport.
It weighed 2.6kg (5.73lb) in case you were wondering.
7. Sheep are a menace to the people of Surrey.
Operation Ewe Tree?
8. As well as a curious story, this is a handy guide to understanding a tricky homonym.
9. This short news item from South Wales gained cult status.
11. It was kicking off in Pembrokeshire.
12. The odds, considering that there aren’t many 80th birthday cards out there, are probably quite low.
13. IT’S SPITTING! EVERYBODY IN!
14. This Women’s Institute branch gained global notoriety, via the North Devon Journal.
“Members of a North Devon WI were left embarrassed after a number of them had dressed up as pirates for a talk by a former sea captain who has been held hostage by Somali pirates for several weeks.”