1. Meet Ffion, Maddison, and Paige, identical 1-year-old triplets. The girls are setting new records for levels of extreme cute in Wales.
2. The girls were delivered two months early via emergency caesarian section and weighed between 3 pounds, 4 ounces and 3 pounds, 8 ounces.
3. One year on, the girls’ parents, Karen and Ian Gilbert, from Pontypool, South Wales, paint their toenails different colours to tell them apart.
Each girl’s colour matches the first letter of their name. Ffion has fuschia, Maddison has mint green, and Paige has purple.
Mum Karen said, “It’s not a fashion statement; we really struggle to tell them apart.”
4. The trio celebrated their first birthday last weekend. The chances of triplets emerging from one egg are around 160,000 to 1.
The family said the girls get through 120 nappies and 84 bottles of formula milk every week.
5. But at least the girls can help recoup some of that nappy money with appearances on TV shows, including Casualty.
6. The local branch of Morrisson’s even offered to make a three-seater shopping trolley.
“Going out is a military operation, which we call ‘Operation Triplets’. We can’t just think, Oh, shall we go out?” said Karen.
“We need at least 24 hours notice. It’s like packing to go on holiday every time we leave the house. We have a triple pushchair and we’ve had to get a bigger car, a seven-seater Ford Galaxy.”
7. They seem to be having a jolly time together.
8. But we have one question about the nail polish thing. If you’re struggling to tell them apart…
9. Why not just dress them in different clothes??
Nevertheless, girls, YOU ARE TOO ADORABLE.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."