1. GOOGLE IS DOWN! Stand by your beds, don’t be alarmed, this is when humanity sees how much it can remember.
People trying to search for stuff this morning were greeted with a 500 error.
2. People kept their heads pretty admirably.
6. Some people thought it was THE moment that Microsoft’s Bing had been waiting for.
7. Someone else made the exact same joke about Alta Vista.
8. And Ask Jeeves.
9. The whole thing was a significant blow to the IT industry.
10. But most worryingly, it’s at times like this when we realise we don’t actually know anything.
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.