1. When this toddler, who was born deaf, had an implant put in that let him hear his dad’s voice for the first time.
2. This story of how a terminally ill mother got hooked on Animal Crossing and used it to send messages of love to her children.
Warning: This may leave you in a puddle of tears.
4. This little boy hugging his Spider-Man piñata rather than destroying it.
9. Sarah Churman was born deaf. This is the moment she heard for the first time at the age of 29, thanks to a new implant.
12. The father who took a picture of his daughter every day until she was 14.
13. This Iron Maiden fan’s reaction to seeing them live for the first time.
He’s never going to lose that drumstick.
14. This guy not letting his crutches get in the way of his skateboarding.
19. Former Celtic player Georgios Samaras giving this fan a day to remember.
20. This kid performing a backflip in a wheelchair and absolutely nailing it.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.