1) Regarding tunnels: These people (many of whom are not part of Hamas) have almost literally no way to get food. These tunnels were their only hope. Israel won’t let anyone enter by sea, and Israel surrounds their land border. Considering you can be shot and killed for being found in one of these tunnels, how desperate would you have to be to sneak out if you’re simply getting food and medical supplies?
2) My best friends in the world are Jewish and even they can’t condone Isreal’s bombing a medical clinic or children on a beach.
3) Does anyone remember Sarajevo? Minus the time frame, do you see any similarities? Since then, that siege was called “genocide” - Christians committing genocide against Muslims (Muslims aren’t always the enemy folks).
4) Journalists are being fired from mainstream news media in
America for daring to report and take pictures of the horrors of what is taking place in Gaza.
5) Thank you, Congress, for just passing a $350 million (paid by our tax dollars people) to continue to arm Israel. Check it out: one person in Israel died since this started. Compare it to 200 Palestinian deaths. We fund the “underdog” while we have a thousand better things we could be doing with our tax dollars. Citation: http://complex.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/07/15/israels_iron_dome_gets_new_funding_as_gaza_fight_intensifies#correction TL;DR: 1) The tunnels they’re collapsing are one of the only ways Palestinians can get food
2) Even some Jews disagree with this.
3) Compare to Sarajevo
4) Our mainstream media is skewed b/c journalists are being fired for reporting the truth.
5) American tax dollars are funding Israel’s attacks. No one will probably read this, and if they do, they may already have their mind made up on this conflict one way or another. But I do urge people to really think about the inhumanity of this situation. I respect and sympathize with the Jewish history of persecution, but I am appalled that they would inflict similar actions on others.