1. Pay Off Someone’s Library Fines
Go to the library and pay off someone’s fines for late returns.
2. While You’re There, Leave A Gift Card Tucked Between The Pages
While you’re at the library, leave a gift card tucked between the pages of a chunky novel you really loved. Enough for a coffee and a slice of cake.
3. Leave A Great Book Propped Against A Random Mailbox
Really enjoyed your last read? Squirrel it away by a random mailbox as you pass for someone to find when they collect the bills and junk mail.
4. Write A Letter From A Beloved Literary Character
Write a letter to someone from a literary character they love and mail it anonymously.
5. Donate Your Favourite Books From Childhood
The slightly worn Narnia books and the old Goosebumps paperbacks that you haven’t had the heart to throw away. Round them up and leave them at a local children’s ward.
6. Send A Moping Friend Flowers From Their Literary Crush
Is a friend finding it hard to get over a breakup? Send flowers from their literary crush with a note that’s brimming with compliments and encouragement.
7. Leave Literary Quotes On Post It Notes In Random Places
You never know, it might be just the thing someone needs to hear.
8. Leave The Occasional Book For Someone To Find Too
Whether it’s on a bus, at the park or in a coffee shop, leave the occasional book behind with an inscription about what you hope the finder will get from it. You can leave your email address too, if you’re up for some book discussion.
9. Set Up A Miniature Mad Hatter’s Tea Party For Someone To Stumble Across
Head to a local park or woodlands early with a bunch of your old crockery, a cake or two, some playing cards and a copy of Alice in Wonderland. Leave it in a mild state of Mad Hatter’s Tea Party disarray for someone to stumble across. Just don’t forget to clean it up afterwards!
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›