For those who don’t know (shame on you), Freddie Mercury was the lead vocalist for Queen, the greatest rock band to ever exist.
They are Rock n’ Roll Hall of Famers. NBD.
They had several number one hits like “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “We Are the Champions,” “We Will Rock You,” and “Another One Bites the Dust.” You know, masterpieces.
All four band members were essential to Queen’s success, but Freddie Mercury was a man who certainly made his own mark on this planet.
1. The man had the vocal chords of a GOD. He could sing the “Happy Birthday” song and still make people lose their shit.
2. His vocal range spanned over four octaves and delivered some hardcore eargasms.
3. He sang with opera diva Montserrat Caballe in what can only be described as a down and dirty orgy of vocal greatness.
4. He had the stage presence of a million Liza Minellis put together. He doesn’t even need to sing. He can just stand there and the stage will rock itself.
5. That mic stand thingy was just the greatest thing ever. It was like he was wielding a goddamn sword.
9. You have to love a man with a ‘stache. A nice, well-groomed, ‘stache. Such a beautiful fucking ‘stache.
15. He liked to splash water on his fans because Freddie Mercury don’t give a shit.
16. People loved to rip off his clothes because – you know – HE’S FREDDIE MERCURY.
17. The man performed concerts on Darth Vader. That’s right. DARTH VADER.
18. I don’t care what anyone says, I play his solo albums on repeat while I work out. And shower. And sleep.
19. “Love Kills” is the greatest ’80s song ever – Wait, check that –IT’S THE GREATEST SONG EVER.
Sorry, Eddie Murphy, but “Party All the Time” has been dethroned.