Andrew Bynum, Philadelphia’s $16 million dollar center, has yet to play in an NBA game this season, though there are reports he will start running and shooting in the coming days. In (cautious) celebration, let us relive the entertaining saga of Philadelphia’s bigfoot through these (mostly local) news headlines.
It was actually the L.A. Times that set the table in April, when then-Laker Bynum revealed he hoped to have the same German knee procedure Kobe Bryant received.
August 10th: Undeterred by his mysterious health condition, the Sixers trade away star Andre Iguodala to build around Bynum.
August 10th: Philadelphia sports blog Crossing Broad wisely notes that Bynum was a very unsure bet for the Sixers.
2. October 17th: Bynum goes to Germany to get the Kobe Procedure. The Philadelphia Inquirer does a Q&A with a local doctor to try and comfort fans.
November 10th: A few days into the season, the Sixers haven’t given any updates on Bynum’s health.
4. Also November 14th: This happened.
November 27th: interlude update on one of the guys who’s ACTUALLY playing center for the 76ers.
10. December 12th: That hope lasted three days.
When Skip Bayless steps in, you know it’s not a good situation.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?