3. Having enough In-N-Outs so that you’re never too far away from one in an emergency.
4. Sourdough bread.
5. Chinese food from Chinatown.
8. Outside Lands, aka The Best and Prettiest Music Festival in America.
No sweaty deserts, no rave-y weirdos.
9. Knowing your produce is coming from a farm that’s only a couple of miles away.
Forget church: Sunday is for the farmer’s market!
11. Morning fog rolling over the Santa Cruz Mountains.
12. Napa Valley for wine tasting.
Slash the destination for every wedding, anniversary or work retreat.
Every Bay Arean knows that taking 101 is faster, but 280 is so pretty it’s worth the time.
17. Tom Hanks.
22. The Giants.
And the Warriors and 49ers from time to time.
23. Being good at making change actually happen.
24. Having the most badass LGBTQ community in the world.
Celebrating Pride is like celebrating Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa.
25. Keeping working people happy.
You can always spot a Google employee by those funny bikes they ride around on.
26. And everyone else happy, too!
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›