1. Photojournalist Trevor Christensen takes nude portraits. Rather, he takes portraits. Nude.
2. That’s right. Instead of the subjects stripping down, the man behind the camera is now the one without clothing.
3. The ongoing project was a surprise hit for Christensen, who simply wanted to “explore the relationship between the subject and photographer,” specifically the vulnerability imbalance of that relationship.
4. Ironically, that shift in vulnerability hasn’t really eased his subjects, according to the photographer, but the results speak for themselves.
5. Although it’s still in the beginning stages, Christensen considers this is a “long term project” with a goal to shoot around 150 portraits over the course of the next few years.
Featured in photograph: Fictionist
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›