1. You’ve gone to a field trip to Mystic Seaport…
Ships are even more boring when whales are so close.
2. But you really wanted to go to Mystic Aquarium.
You just had to cross your fingers the penguins would be out.
3. You had UConn Huskies sweats even if you had no interest in basketball.
Bonus points if you had a real life UConn player visit your school.
4. You spent your summers as a kid at Quassy.
And avoided the lake at all costs.
5. Or Lake Compounce
Where the rides were secondary to drinking all the Pepsi.
6. But as soon as you could drive you went to Six Flags New England.
Where the coasters were bigger and chances of running into your 1st grade teacher smaller.
7. Someone has asked you if your town is anything like the one in “Gilmore Girls.”
FYI, Stars Hallow doesn’t actually exist.
8. You spent your trip to the Pequot museum figuring out just how long you had to wait to get into Foxwoods casino.
Though the dream catchers at the gift shop were a good distraction.
9. The initials CMT fill you with dread.
The Connecticut Mastery Test. Make sure to fill in all bubbles completely.
10. But CAPT makes you laugh.
Because nothing else is scary after SAT prep starts.
11. Apple picking was a fall requirement.
Even if you were only in it for the apple cider doughnuts.
12. You somehow got free Rock Cats tickets.
Perfect attendance? Rock Cats tickets. Student of the month? Rock Cats tickets.
13. You’ve been dragged to a historic house.
Mark Twain, Noah Webster, Harriet Beecher Stowe, all open to the public and ready to give you a dose of enrichment on a Monday morning.
14. You feel guilty about laughing at this “Family Guy” clip.
The truth can hurt.
15. You grew up in a split baseball town (half Red Sox fans, Half Yankee fans).
And you had to pick sides early.
16. Even after the car was packed for the beach, there was a big disscusion about which beach to go to.
Old Lyme? Guildford? Rhode Island?
17. You avoid I-95 at all costs.
Come on GPS, there has to be another way.
18. You’ve gotten into an argument about how to pronounce Peabody Museum.
Or at least how fast you’re suppose to say it.
19. Escaping to New York City always seemed like a viable option.
Just hop on Amtrak, and you could leave suburbia behind.
20. You can spell CT without sounding it out.
Conn-ECT-I-cut is for the rest of the country.