1. American history is chock full of memorable commentating duos.
2. There’s Best in Show’s Trevor Beckwith and Buck Laughlin…
Buck Laughlin: Am I nuts? Something’s wrong with his feet.
Trevor Beckwith: I never thought I’d find myself saying this, but you’re right.
BL: He’s got two left feet! Man, go get ‘em, pal.
3. Gail Abernathy-McKadden and John Smith from Pitch Perfect…
Gail Abernathy-McKadden: The Barden Bellas went deep into the archive for that song, John. I remember singing it with my own a cappella group.
John Smith: And what group was that, Gail?
GAM: The Minstrel Cycles, John.
JS: Well, that’s an unfortunate name.
4. And of course, Scott Hamilton and his fist.
Scott Hamilton: BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Scott Hamilton’s Fist: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I’M A FIST BLAH.
5. And this year, we have added a new one.
6. *Walks in mid-convo clutching iPhone*
7. *Fixes face*
8. *Poses for quick “candid” picture*
9. It’s your new favorite duo, Lana Del Rey and Stanley Tucci in the Hunger Games!!!!
10. JK, it’s obviously American figure skating legend Tara Lipinski and real-life Russian nightmare Johnny Weir!
11. Together they have made figure skating commentating relevant and exciting again.
12. They have also made Instagram relevant and exciting again.
13. No one does Instagram videos like Tara Lipinksi and Johnny Weir do Instagram videos. NO ONE.
14. When it comes to T and J, it’s all about the spectacle. And by spectacle, I mean their matching outfits.
17. Their faces suggest that they are lit’rally, permanently judging you.
18. And Terry Gannon, I’m sorry, but who are you even?
22. But for real, what makes these two the best is that they’re actual real-life friends.
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›