6. Obsessing over their love for Stewart’s while eating Stewart’s ice cream at Stewart’s.
9. Being annoyed at people who assume you’re from New York City when you say you’re from New York.
10. Arguing with people about where Upstate New York starts.
11. Getting really angry at people from Westchester who say they’re from Upstate New York.
12. Quoting Billy Fuccillo.
16. Being incredibly jealous of that one school that is ALWAYS closed.
Ichabod Crane, I’m looking at you.
17. Having a friend with a boat.
20. Bragging about how the Adirondack Park is the largest state park in the country.
22. Bragging about the food specialties in your area, and constantly talking about it when you’re out of state.
24. Inexplicable love for Dave Matthews (or inexplicable hate because of everyone’s inexplicable love.)
25. Hating on Schenectady.
27. Local business jingles.
31. Getting drunk on golf courses at night.
32. Getting drunk in someone’s basement.
33. Being grossed out by the Hudson River.
36. Calling the town next to you trashy or snobby when it’s pretty much the exact same thing as your own town.
39. Calling colleges by their nicknames.
HVCC = Harvard On The Hudson.
43. Their high school lacrosse team. Also explaining to out-of-staters what lacrosse is.
45. Buying your produce from vegetable stands in the summer.
48. Going to the drive-ins and sneaking in at least one of your friends in the trunk.
49. And once more, reminding people that there’s more to New York than the city.
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.