2. He’s the coolest human to ever swing a golf club…
4. Or smoke a cigarette…
8. He’s the genius that invented the half-iced tea, half-lemonade concoction known as…
9. The Arnold Palmer.
Like — he actually claims to have invented this drink. A MAN OF MANY TALENTS.
As one of golf’s greatest ambassadors, Arnie is in Augusta, GA for the Masters, a tournament he won four times.
According to reports, the Pennsylvanian who was nicknamed “The King” long before LeBron James was born has been getting a bit parched in the Peach State.
12. So obviously, he ordered an Arnold Palmer.
But how does someone order a drink named after himself without making the situation awkward?
Well, thanks to the intrepid reporting of the Newark Star-Ledger’s Steve Politi, we now know. He said:
“And then he winked.”
h/t Steve Politi Newark Star-Ledger
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›