This Saturday, Fox Sports 1 will launch across the country with the goal of challenging and perhaps one day overtaking ESPN as the the preeminent sports network. There will be an inevitable learning curve, but as of right now they haven’t had the opportunity to make mistakes and be ridiculed — with the exception of that stupid football robot, Cleatus — so, to help them out, I’ve compiled a bunch of things ESPN has done that FS1 should probably avoid repeating.
3. When they create white Michael Vick.
6. When they give grooming advice.
8. When they “accidentally” use sexual innuendoes on the front page of their website.
9. And it doesn’t stop at the website either.
10. Like when they focus their camera lens on a three-letter word in the bottom left.
It’s a constant struggle.
To be fair I’ve totally spelled “eligible” wrong before.
12. When their horny broadcasters act all horny…
I’m looking at you, Brent Musburger!
14. Or simply give up.
17. When they forget to switch the picture.
19. When they say a kicker made a field goal the length of six football fields.
20. When they’re accidentally racist.
21. When they “embrace debate.”
24. And of course this.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."