During SportsCenter today, noted yeller and NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith was asked which streak is more impressive: The Miami Heat’s 14-game win streak or the Chicago Blackhawks’ 22-game point streak.
Okay, but the Blackhawks haven’t lost a single game this season! (They have 19 wins and three shootout losses, which still count as a point in the system the NHL adopted in 2004.)
Huh, what ties?
But Stephen, the last time there was a tie in the NHL was April 4, 2004!
8. Barack Obama was still a Senator.
In fact, this picture was the earliest picture of Obama in Getty Images. The photo was taken on April 4, 2004.
9. The Montreal Expos still existed.
10. The cast of Harry Potter looked like this:
11. Phil Mickelson had yet to win a major tournament.
He won his first Masters seven days later.
12. The first iPhone was still three years away.
13. The Curse of the Bambino was still totally real!
And Nomar was still the Red Sox shortstop.
14. Check out his entire, confused rant:
H/T Matt Yoder at Awful Announcing