In 1995, a 22-year-old, scrawny, star-struck Ichiro Suzuki met Michael Jordan at the peak of his career. At the time Ichiro was a complete unknown to Americans. In Japan, he was a budding star. Watch him bug out.
2. Here’s Ichiro looking absolutely adorable in front of MJ’s locker.
Yes, that is a Tom and Jerry turtleneck sweater!
3. Here he is shaking hands with his idol.
Commence freak out in…
At the time, Hideo Nomo had just completed his first season in the MLB and won rookie of the year. He was the first Japanese-born player to permanently relocate to Major League Baseball in the U.S.
13. Here’s MJ’s reaction to Ichiro saying he hit his first home run off Nomo.
Translation: “Oh, shit. This little guy’s pretty good.”
14. Memories for a lifetime.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰