In 1995, a 22-year-old, scrawny, star-struck Ichiro Suzuki met Michael Jordan at the peak of his career. At the time Ichiro was a complete unknown to Americans. In Japan, he was a budding star. Watch him bug out.
2. Here’s Ichiro looking absolutely adorable in front of MJ’s locker.
Yes, that is a Tom and Jerry turtleneck sweater!
3. Here he is shaking hands with his idol.
Commence freak out in…
At the time, Hideo Nomo had just completed his first season in the MLB and won rookie of the year. He was the first Japanese-born player to permanently relocate to Major League Baseball in the U.S.
13. Here’s MJ’s reaction to Ichiro saying he hit his first home run off Nomo.
Translation: “Oh, shit. This little guy’s pretty good.”
14. Memories for a lifetime.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.