This afternoon, Andrew Wiggins, the No.1 ranked senior in high school basketball, announced that he’ll be Kansas Jayhawk next season.
The reason that’s a big deal is some analysts consider Wiggins to be the best NBA prospect since LeBron James. Here’s why:
1. Because 6-foot-8-inch 18-year-olds don’t spin this fluidly…
2. And they certainly don’t hit pull-up…
3. Or step-back three-pointers this effortlessly.
4. Because this move is simply unfair.
5. He has the ball-handling ability of a guard.
6. Players with his size shouldn’t be able to embarrass others like this…
7. Or this.
8. Forwards don’t run the fast-break like this.
9. And they’re certainly not this agile in transition.
10. Or this adept at running the floor.
11. Because this move is Dwayne Wade-esque.
12. He blocks shots too…
13. A lot of them.
14. Oh yeah, I almost forgot…
15. He enjoys dunking as well.
16. Surprise, surprise.
17. He’s pretty damn good at that too.
18. Wiggins is simply one of the smoothest…
19. Most athletic…
20. And polished players…
21. We’ve seen in a long time.
College basketball fans everywhere are lucky to have him, even if it’s just for one season.
Sholten Singer / AP
Kansas fans, please stop bragging.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama unveiled a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.
- Citigroup's student loan practices are being investigated as part of a government probe, the company reported in a filing.