2. Actually he might be the best at it.
3. But he’s even better at dancing.
4. His great-uncle Clyde Tombaugh was a famous astronomer…
6. So he’s still pretty sore about it not being a planet anymore.
(Fast forward to 2-minute, 10-second mark.)
9. Even in high school when Stafford was Kershaw’s catcher…
Stafford quit after sophomore year to focus on football.
10. And Kershaw was the center for the football team!
Kershaw quit after freshman year to focus on baseball.
11. Kershaw pitched a perfect game his senior year, striking out every batter AND hitting a solo home run.
He’s a real-life Steve Nebraska! (Though the game was only five innings because of the mercy rule.)
12. Speaking of high school, that’s where Kershaw met his wife, Ellen.
13. They recently built an orphanage together in Zambia.
14. During a break from enjoying The Bachelor night with the girls.
16. With a great sense of humor…
17. Who has no shame about attending Carly Rae Jepson and Justin Bieber concerts…
20. Appreciates the rarity of finding a lefty pair of scissors…
21. And loves ping-pong.
It’s his second favorite sport behind baseball. Kershaw in the reigning ping-pong champ at Dodgers training camp.
So Clay, um, what would you think about having a catch sometime?
CORRECTION: Ed Melson did not win a Cy Young award. An earlier version of this article stated that Ellen Kershaw’s grandfather won the Cy Young. Melson graduated from Texas A&M and owned a Volkswagen Dealership in Abilene, Texas. However I stand by the fact it would have been really cool if he won a Cy Young.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲