2. Actually he might be the best at it.
3. But he’s even better at dancing.
6. So he’s still pretty sore about it not being a planet anymore.
(Fast forward to 2-minute, 10-second mark.)
9. Even in high school when Stafford was Kershaw’s catcher…
Stafford quit after sophomore year to focus on football.
10. And Kershaw was the center for the football team!
Kershaw quit after freshman year to focus on baseball.
11. Kershaw pitched a perfect game his senior year, striking out every batter AND hitting a solo home run.
He’s a real-life Steve Nebraska! (Though the game was only five innings because of the mercy rule.)
12. Speaking of high school, that’s where Kershaw met his wife, Ellen.
14. During a break from enjoying The Bachelor night with the girls.
16. With a great sense of humor…
17. Who has no shame about attending Carly Rae Jepson and Justin Bieber concerts…
20. Appreciates the rarity of finding a lefty pair of scissors…
21. And loves ping-pong.
It’s his second favorite sport behind baseball. Kershaw in the reigning ping-pong champ at Dodgers training camp.
So Clay, um, what would you think about having a catch sometime?
CORRECTION: Ed Melson did not win a Cy Young award. An earlier version of this article stated that Ellen Kershaw’s grandfather won the Cy Young. Melson graduated from Texas A&M and owned a Volkswagen Dealership in Abilene, Texas. However I stand by the fact it would have been really cool if he won a Cy Young.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.