2. R.A. Dickey’s pitches could continue to do this north of the border.
3. Maybe Braves fans will forget about that terrible call in the playoffs last season.
4. And maybe Cardinals fans will stop reminding them.
5. Maybe the Marlins’ owner will remember the goal is to win baseball games.
Wilfredo Lee / AP
6. It’s possible Houston Astros fans will eventually be able to recognize the names of the guys they’re rooting for.
9. L.A. Dodgers ownership could pay for Clayton Kershaw to be cloned.
10. Maybe Philadelphia fans will stop making their whole city look bad.
12. Reporters could stop asking Bryce Harper clown questions.
Richard Lipski / AP
13. Maybe Prince Fielder will learn how to properly slide.
15. It’s conceivable Dick Vitale is no longer the face of Rays fans.
16. The Mets outfield miiiiiight not make fans feel like this.
17. Maybe Bronson Arroyo will focus on his curveball rather than his guitar.
18. Billy Haywood might teach the Twins to have fun again.
19. Maybe the MLB will continue to ignore the steroid allegations surrounding Ryan Braun.
Brian Kersey / Getty Images
20. The Indians might start scouting the California Penal League.
21. Maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt will become a bandwagon Angels fan.
24. Who knows? The Red Sox could overachieve this year.
25. The Pirates might buy higher quality rosin bags.
26. Rockies starting pitchers might possibly last longer than 4 innings per outing.
27. Thunder Dan Marjerle might join the Diamondbacks outfield.
29. The Yankees could stumble upon the fountain of youth.
30. And maybe the Giants won’t get greedy. Two World Series in three years is enough.
EZRA SHAW / Getty Images
In The News Today
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Taylor Swift won Video of the Year for "Bad Blood" at the MTV Video Music Awards. ›