1. M&M’s World
Why it’s great for kids: The store has four floors of M&M-related fun to explore, including a station where you can personalize M&Ms with your own message.
2. A Gondola Ride at the Venetian
Why it’s great for kids: These rides may be indoors, but they make you feel like you’re breathing the open air in the real Venice, especially when your Gondolier serenades you.
3. The Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur
Why it’s great for kids: This dinner show takes you back to Medieval Times with jousting, sword fights, dancing maidens and even fireworks!
4. Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage
Why it’s great for kids: You and your kids will be able to get up close and personal with white tigers, lions, leopards, and dolphins at this habitat created by legendary magicians Siegfried & Roy, who sometimes can be found greeting visitors.
5. Serendipity 3 at Caesar’s Palace
Why it’s great for kids: New York’s legendary ice cream parlor and restaurant has a Vegas location that serves up its famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate drink and other favorites.
6. Fall of Atlantis at Caesars Palace
Why it’s great for kids: This 11-minute-long free show in the forum shops happens every hour on the hour, and features impressive special effects and animatronic statues.
7. The Mob Museum
Why it’s great for kids: Vegas wouldn’t be what it is today if it weren’t for mobsters like Bugsy Siegel, so it’s the perfect place for a mob museum. Kids will be fascinated by multimedia and artifacts that explain the battle between organized crime and law enforcement.
8. Big Shot at the Stratosphere
Why it’s great for kids: Thrill seeking kids will love this ride that propels them 160 feet into the air in just 2.5 seconds!
9. Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
Why it’s great for kids: This two-story, thirty thousand square foot museum holds wax figures of every celebrity your kid could want to see (and touch) from Beyoncé to The Avengers!
10. Shark Reef Aquarium of Mandalay Bay
Why it’s great for kids: This amazing aquarium features more than 2,000 animals including 15 species of sharks, crocodiles, and even an eight-foot long Komodo dragon!
11. Fountains of Bellagio
Why it’s great for kids: These world famous (and free) shows combine water, lights, and music to thrill onlookers many times per day.
12. Las Vegas Natural History Museum
Why it’s great for kids: Just five miles off The Strip is one of Vegas’ more affordable things to do with your kids. This terrific museum has lifelike replicas of woolly mammoths, dinosaurs, and many other kinds of extinct animals from throughout history.
13. Streetmosphere at the Venetian
Why it’s great for kids: The Grand Canal Shops come alive many times a day with opera singers, jugglers, stilt walkers and even “living statues” who would be at home on the streets of Italy.
14. Nevada State Railroad Museum
Why it’s great for kids: 25 minutes off The Strip is a museum that lets visitors ride in a 1930s era track train along the same route it traveled when it brought supplies to the workers building the Hoover Dam.
15. Titanic Artifact Exhibit at the Luxor
Why it’s great for kids: In addition to housing actual artifacts from the doomed voyage, the exhibit gives a fascinating history lesson that will thrill kids who have (and even those who haven’t) fallen in love with Jack and Rose.
16. Ethel M Chocolate Factory
Why it’s great for kids: Kids will love looking behind-the-scenes at how the chocolates are made, but not nearly as much as eating the free samples. The factory, which neighbors a cool botanical cactus garden, is just 15 miles away from The Strip.
17. Big Apple Coaster at New York-New York
Why it’s great for kids: New York-New York is a fun place for kids in general with its Coney Island-themed emporium loaded with carnival and arcade games, but it’s this looping roller coaster that really leaves an impression.
18. Bodies…The Exhibition at the Luxor
Why it’s great for kids: Science minded kids (who aren’t squeamish) will love this exhibit which gives an inside look at the workings of the human body unlike any other.
19. Adventuredome at Circus Circus
Why it’s great for kids: The world’s largest indoor theme park has bumper cars, an arcade, clown shows, and the Canyon Blaster roller coaster that rockets along at 55 miles per hour.
20. The Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio
Why it’s great for kids: The plants change as the seasons do, but they’re always a visual delight that smells heavenly.
21. The Children’s Park at the Las Vegas Town Square
Why it’s great for kids: Surrounded by terrific downtown shopping is the Children’s Park, which has 13,000 square feet of fun for kids including a garden maze, treehouse, and sprinklers.
22. CSI: The Experience at the MGM Grand
Why it’s great for kids: Based on the hit television franchise, this attraction puts kids in the shoes of a detective who is tasked with solving a mystery.
23. Mount Charleston
Why it’s great for kids: It’s hard to believe, but you only have to travel 35 miles outside of city limits to find snow! In addition to skiing and sledding in the winter, Mt. Charleston offers picturesque nature hikes the rest of the year.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›